Outreach program in our community
The office had the ability to pull together 50 Weekend Power Packs for the local Riverview School district in less than 12 hours today. I am thankful and beyond humbled that our company has such amazing people that jump in and help out those in need. We are working on a few more ideas on more Weekend Power Packs in the future months and hygiene and self-care kits for the homeless. If you would like to participate, volunteer, support or have another outreach program in your community please let me know. Not only should we work to help out those in need during the season of giving but throughout the year as that is what truly makes our communities a better place!
Weekend Power Packs are supplemental food program put together by community members for kids in need on weekends to help relieve hunger, stress from their families, and to keep the children healthier and ready to learn come Monday morning. We call this relief “Power Packs” and they will be given to each child in need before leaving school each Friday in the Riverview School District. Each pack will consist of produce, oatmeal, and other non-perishable items that will last the entire weekend.
Each Power Pack includes food for 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 drinks and 4 snacks chosen from the following lists:
- Instant Oatmeal (packet or bowl)
- Individual Cold Cereal
- Instant Cream of Wheat (packet)
- Breakfast Drink in Individual Bottles (non-refrigerated)
- Protein/Granola bar
All Single Serving Packages, all shelf stable (non-refrigerated):
- Cup a Soup
- Beef Stew
- Chunky Soup
- Canned Chili
- Canned Pasta
- Mac & Cheese
- Tuna & Crackers Pack
- Chicken & Crackers Pack
All shelf stable - not refrigerated:
- Milk Plain
- Chocolate Milk
- Strawberry Milk
- Orange Juice
- Apple Juice
- Fruit Punch (100% fruit)
- Granola Bars
- Fruit Cups
- Pudding Cups
- Individual Bag of Chips
- Individual Bag of Goldfish
- Individual Bag of Cookies/Graham Crackers/Snack Crackers
- Individual Nut Packs
- Apple Sauce Cups
- Cracker Sandwich Pack
- Individual Peanut Butter Packs
Share this post!
Most Recent Posts ...
Search All Blog Posts
Signup for Email Updates
Blog Post Archive Categories
- What is a Sweeper Truck and why should you use one in your parking lot, roadway or garage?
- Behind The Scenes of Public Landscaping
- Weekend Power Packs - Snoqualimie Valley Community Network
- Love your neighbor and love your planet!
- Outreach program in our community
- Tacoma Golf Tournament
- Sharps Containers/Homeless Camps
- Where Does the Water Go?
- River Otters outside Whirlwind Office in Woodinville