Most Recent Posts ...
Search All Blog Posts
Signup for Email Updates
Blog Post Archive Categories
- Facilities Teams Can Help Sustain a Healthy Planet
- Vacuum your parking lot with a sweeper truck, because you wouldn`t use a blower for your homes carpet....
- Behind The Scenes of Public Landscaping
- Tacoma Golf Tournament
- What is stormwater management?
- Best De-Icer for your Property
- Protect local streams, the Puget Sound, Fish, and Orcas
- The Coolest Company in Town in Hiring - Apply Today!
- Happy 4th of July from Whirlwind
- How to Pick the Correct Facilities Maintenance Company
Best Management Practices (BMPs)
Best Management Practices (BMPs) to prolong lifespan of Stormwater treatment facilities.
-Routine Maintenance Inspections
-Source Control Pollution Prevention
-Spill Response Plan and Contractor
-Parking Lot Sweeping
-Catch Basin Cleaning
-Catch Basin Filter Inserts
Prolong the lifespan of Stormwater treatment facilities; swales, ponds, and filter vaults, by parking lot sweeping, catch basin cleaning and using filter inserts to keep oil, sediment, and other pollutants out of Stormwater treatment facilities.
Routine maintenance inspections and site specific source control pollution prevention plans will keep your site and systems working as designed and in compliance with Stormwater rules and regulations. Avoid correction letters and fines by creating maintenance plans and servicing your facilities on a routine basis. The local regulation team may only give you 30 days to correct any documented corrections which can be tough to budget or complete based on when the notice was received.
Prepare a spill response plan, secure a spill response vendor, stage clean up materials and drain covers to avoid costly environmental clean ups by stopping the contaminants from entering the adjacent drains or treatment facilities.
Whirlwind is committed to keeping our local waterways clean and healthy. Maintaining Stormwater treatment facilities and providing clients with BMP services helps achieve local water quality standards and Stormwater permittee compliance.